Books Read: July 2015

Monday, August 10, 2015

You guys, I actually managed to listen to 2 audiobooks in July! This is huge! This month was also full of books that I actually really enjoyed. I discovered some new authors and checked off a selection from Oprah's book club. (You never really know what you are going to get with an Oprah pick. Sometimes it's a gem and other times. . .not so much.)
Books Read: July 2015

Books Worthy to be on my Shelves: 

Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson

It's not often that I find myself squealing and hugging a book upon finishing it. Edenbrooke brought this reaction out in me. I'm not an Austen fan and I'm not super into the regency era, but even I LOVED this! If you love a good love and like feeling happy then you might as well read it.

After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid

I need to get a copy of this for my shelves. I could relate to so much of this book and could see some aspects of my marriage reflected. Marriage is hard work and sometimes painful. I love that this book shows that marriage isn't always an easy happily ever after.

Hey Natalie Jean by Natalie Holbrook

Natalie's blog was one of the first that I ever started reading. I can't quite pinpoint what it is but I feel like I relate to her. . .at least the her that she shares with the entire planet. I love her writing style and I appreciate her honesty. I also not-so-secretly hope that her son and my daughter fall in love in the very distance future. Anyway, this book was everything I had hoped it would be and I really enjoyed it!

Books I Would Borrow: 

Yes Please by Amy Poehler

I listened to the audiobook read by Amy herself. I think I would have completely disliked this had I read the actual book. It wasn't as funny as I had hoped but overall it wasn't a bad listen. Let's just say I'm not feeling like I wasted my time.

Size 14 is Not Fat Either by Meg Cabot

I really love Heather Wells. She has to be one of my favorite creations by Cabot. Cabot is incredibly good at taking a serious and oftentimes scary situation and makes it something to laugh at. If you enjoy mysteries and laughing then you would probably really enjoy this book.

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline -

This book has become super popular in the past year so I felt like I should see what all the fuss is about. I have to be honest, I'm not a fan of anything eighties. This book is one giant tribute to eighties and a lot of the references went right over my head. (Someone should write a tribute book to the nineties because I would totally understand that.) I like that this was a very different spin to your typical post-apocalyptic (the world is going to suck) novels.  

Books I Would Skip: 

A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest Gaines -

Maybe someday I can be a published author too? I was really hoping to walk away from this book feeling changed in some way. I wanted a lesson that would impact my perspective. Maybe there was one and I was just too bored to see it?

Any great books you read lately that I should add to my to-read list?

Follow

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Paperblog