2015 Reading Habits Part I

Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Earlier this year I spent some time analyzing my reading habits for 2014. Instead of waiting for the end of the year to take a look at how those habits have changed and to make goals for my future book selections, I've decided to make it a bi-annual event. If books aren't your cup of tea. . .you're probably on the wrong blog.

Let's get this data-analyzing party started! gah, I'm such a nerd.
I have been working really hard to make sure that little e and I are reading on the daily. We are so fortunate that we live in an area where we can take advantage of two library systems so we make sure to visit both at least once a week. This number indicates that we average about one book a day. I would really like to get that average up to three different books a day.

My personal reading isn't all that bad. I'm currently averaging a book a week. I'm hoping to get that number up to two books a week by making a better effort to listen to more audiobooks. 
I made a goal at the end of last year to read at least 12 nonfiction books in 2015. I've read 5 this year, so I'm well on my way! Only 7 more nonfiction books to go!
I'm realizing more and more that books very rarely fall into one genre so I made sure to factor in the various genres of each of the 14 books read for the above chart. I had hoped to read more Historical Fiction in 2015 but have been drawn more to Contemporary so far. For the second half of 2015 I hope to make sure that I read what I want to read, but make an effort to get outside my comfort-zone. 
I wanted to make an effort to read more from male authors in 2015 and so far I am doing a much better job than in 2014! I want to continue to be more conscious of the gender of the authors I read. I would also like to add more diversity in other ways, such as nationality and race.
I still need to listen to more audiobooks. I'm finding though that I have a really hard time paying attention to most audiobooks. My goal will be to listen to at least 4 more audiobooks the second half of 2015.

I have really restrained myself from using Netgalley and Edelweiss this year so there aren't any review copies on here. (I did request and receive a book last week. . .soooo that number will be slightly higher the next half of 2015. For the most part I want to focus on getting some books off of my shelves and use my public library. I am hoping to make it more equal in the second half of 2015.

Am I the only one who loves to spend time analyzing the things I do? It's ridiculous how much I enjoyed preparing this post. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Paperblog