When to Have Another Child

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Little e is a year-and-a-half going on sixteen and the questions concerning when we will be adding another child to our family seem to be increasing on the daily. I know that I want to have another child. . .eventually. I'm just not sure that I want to add to my family in the next nine months. 

The questions have me thinking though. When should we have another child? What is the ideal spacing between children? Is there even such a thing as ideal spacing? How accurate is the needle and thread trick? I really don't think I can handle 5 kids.

Little e hasn't been the easiest child. She hates sleeping and always has. She is incredibly strong-willed, which will come in handy later on, but is a tad frustrating when you're just trying to get her to drink something besides chocolate milk. I can't seem to wean her completely from breastfeeding. She hates sitting in the grocery cart and insists that she wants to "walk-a, walk-a." This wouldn't be an issue if she would actually stay by us.

With that said, little e possesses many qualities that make me excited for more children. She loves reading and is so careful with books. She loves music and sings along anytime she hears singing. It doesn't matter that she doesn't know the song. She is caring and is concerned whenever someone is upset or sick. She is also a great helper. She unloads all of the silverware and helps me with laundry. 

I don't know when the right time is to add to your family. I do know that there is good and bad associated with that decision, but the good seems to outweigh the bad. I don't know that I believe that there is such a thing as perfect spacing between siblings.  All I can do is hope that we make the best choice possible for our family and our choice, for the next little while, is to wait.

If you have children how did you know you were ready for another? Do you think there is such a thing as perfect spacing between children?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Paperblog