How We Wore It | Keepin' It Casual

Wednesday, June 24, 2015


After months of stalking, I'm very excited to try my hand at the "How We Wore It" collaboration started by Brooke at Silver Lining

On the off chance that you have no idea what I'm talking about, "How We Wore It" is a monthly fashion collaboration that forces you to do more than admire and promptly forget those outfits you pinned. Each month one outfit is selected and your job is to put together an outfit that is based on or inspired by the photo. Here's the catch. You have to use what you already have in your closet! 

While my husband doesn't super love that he is my photographer, he does love that I'm not spending a dime!

This month's inspiration picture is from Robyn of Robyn Vilate.

via Robyn Vitae

My take. (Minus a hat. . . I have an abnormally large domepiece. I look RIDICULOUS in hats, so you're welcome. . . unless you came for a good laugh. If that is the case then so sorry to disappoint!)

My take on the Robyn Vitae

I was pretty excited when I saw this was the outfit for our inspiration. I thought it would be super easy because I practically live in t-shirts, jeans and, in my case, Keds. I had a totally different outfit all ready to go, but it just didn't quite feel right. Those pictures were a tad better, thanks to a sleeping child and natural light. le sigh.

le sigh

Then I took a closer look. While this outfit appears to be simple it's really all about the details and accessories I'm hardly ever without a watch, but often forget to take the time to add other accessories, like a ring or strategically layered necklaces.

All about the little details.

I doubt that I'll rock this look again with the Keds, but can totally see myself wearing this all summer long with my favorite pair of brown sandals!

Any tips for feeling less ridiculous in front of the camera? Maybe next time I'll work on the poses of the real fashion bloggers. 

Not sure what to do with my hands.

To see how the other ladies were inspired by this same outfit, explore their blogs:
Brooke at Silver Lining | Deidre at Deidre Emme | Megan at And Here's to You, Mrs Robinson | Sierra at Sierra's View | Sharlee at My New Lines | Laura at Sincerely, Laura | Aubrey at Aubrey Zaruba | Kaycie at Redhead Memories  | Kyla at FordOlogy | Stephanie at The Artist + The Architect | Danica at Danakin Skywalker Tayler at The Morrell Tale | Jessica at My Peanut Butter Problem | Kalyn at Geez Louise | Bonnie at Life of Bon | Rachel at Rachel Sayumi

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love it. That green looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. That green looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete

Paperblog