Goodies of the #FrostyVoxBox Part II

Friday, February 06, 2015

*I promise this is the last you will read about the #FrostyVoxBox on this little blog of mine. 

#FrostyVoxBox Thoughts Part II

I have to admit that I don't really have a clue when it comes to makeup. One of these days I'll be sure to sit down with the school of Youtube beauty vloggers, but that day isn't today. I don't wear makeup on a daily basis due to the most horrific skin on the planet. That's a slight exaggeration, but nearly everything makes me break out. 

I also work from home and take care of my one-year-old, so showering is really all I have time for before my minute commute to my office down the hall. I love my sleep! I do, however, enjoy getting made up at least once a week for story-time at the local library. Gotta look good for the potential mommy-friends! Anyway, I'm sharing that disclosure of sorts so that you understand, very clearly that I'm not an expert. I haven't tried anything besides drugstore makeup. 

I've heard some good things about some Rimmel products, so I was really excited to see two in my box! 

Rimmel Review Products

Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover:

Believe it or not I had never actually used or purchased eye makeup remover before. Normally I just use Jojoba oil to take all of my eye makeup off. Prior to receiving this box I had accidentally, it happens when you have a screaming child, purchased waterproof mascara and my Jojoba oil didn't seem to get it all off. I was really excited to see the claim that this eye makeup remover "removes waterproof mascara."

I'm happy to say that the product does deliver on this promise. I think my only complaint would be that it seems to take quite a bit of product to remove my mascara. Besides it being able to remove waterproof mascara, I also really like that it doesn't seem to leave a lot, if any, residue around my eyes. That alone makes me like it a bit more than my Jojoba oil!

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner:

I have tried quite a few drugstore eyeliners and finally discovered a favorite about three years ago. When looking for an eyeliner I look for something that is low-maintenance, pigmented, and smudge-proof. My standards are pretty high and I've been spoiled by Hard Candy's felt tip eyeliner. 

Scandaleyes had a lot going against it. I wouldn't consider it to be low-maintenance  since it requires me to keep track of my sharpener. Does anyone else have the hardest time sharpening eyeliner pencils? No matter what I do the tip always seems to fall out!

This eyeliner was also not smudge-proof. I could care less that it's waterproof when it smudges so easily! The one thing it really has going for it is that it is very pigmented and glides on easily.

Do you have a favorite Rimmel product? How about a favorite makeup remover and eyeliner? Also, can you point me in the direction of some good beauty v(b)logs?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've heard good things about that eyeliner, but that's definitely not good if it easily smudges! The eye makeup remover sounds like a good option though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I definitely like the makeup remover and could see myself buying some in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Paperblog