Goodies of the #FrostyVoxBox Part I

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

#FrostyVoxBox Thoughts

Late last year I was lucky enough to fit into the target demographic for the #FrostyVoxBox! I made a grand announcement on instagram, filmed a little unboxing video, and went to work trying out all of the products found within the box. After spending a little over a month testing all of the products I have a favorite that I'm excited to share with you today on instagram and Facebook! Make sure you stop by at some point today to see what that product is!

In the hopes of someday being selected for another VoxBox I decided to focus on three of the products found within the box over the next two days. First up? 

Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Decaf Green Tea:

Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Decaf Green Tea

I want so badly to love tea. For some strange reason drinking tea has always seemed so mature to me and since I'm basically just an eleven-year-old in an adult's body, seeming mature is a silly thing I sometimes try to fake. When I read the ingredients for the Candy Cane Lane tea I was really excited. I saw mention of some of my very favorite things such as, blackberries and mint. I had high hopes that this would be the tea that would make me a tea person. 

I put some water in my seldom used kettle and waited, impatiently, for that loud shriek signifying that the water was finally the burn all your taste-buds hot that it always seems to be. The directions had indicated that adding some cooler liquid on top would make the tea tastier so I followed it to a T. I'm a rule-follower, people! 

Finally, it was time! I took a sip and it wasn't the worst tea I have ever had. I added some milk. That didn't seem to do much. Sugar wasn't much better. I suppose I'm just not a tea person? There are still lots of varieties of tea to try though, so I'm holding out hope!

Do you have a favorite tea? What is it and how do I make sure that it's delicious?

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I've been getting more and more into drinking tea after thinking I just needed to accept the fact that I don't like it. Candy cane lane was one of my favorites so I don't know if you'd like any others that I've tried, but I love peppermint or mint medleys and recently have been loving green ginger too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not big on tea either :( But the influenster boxes are so much fun! I got the modabox last fall and just got an email surveying me for another :)

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely loved receiving this influenster box! I got an email survey too, but I wasn't what they were looking for. :( I hope you get picked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love celestial seasonings! Candy cane lane is seriously delicious, and I'm not a fan of mint tea. I like to brew it, then use it as a base for a packet of hot chocolate. Its minty chocolaty perfection.

    The tip I have for tea are to make sure you are brewing it for the correct time. Tea, especially green, gets bitter and soapy if it brews too long. Green tea should only brew for 1-2 minutes. But it sounds like you followed the rules so I don't know what went wrong.
    Also, I take my tea with a splash of milk (or half/half) and no sugar no matter what kind it is.
    Good luck on your Teaventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo that's a great idea to use it with hot chocolate! I'm going to have to try that asap!

    ReplyDelete

Paperblog