Goals for the First Quarter of 2015

Wednesday, January 07, 2015

I have the attention span of a small rodent so yearlong goals just do not work for me. Last summer I decided to start working on a few goals each quarter of the year. I'm happy to say that this way of thinking has helped me tremendously! I'm actually accomplishing things! 


The 1st quarter encompasses January, February and March. I'm choosing to focus on the following five things:

1 | Write blog posts at least a week in advance.

I have been doing a really great job completing my editorial calendar a month in advance. That aspect of blogging is easy for me as it just entails organizing when I want to publish certain ideas. Writing the actual posts for those ideas takes a bit longer as I want it all to be content that I'm proud of. I'm starting up my final course for my M.Ed. in February and I want this blog to be a well-oiled machine. This means that I need to stop writing posts the night before!

2 | Finish the Winter 2014 Book Challenge.

The Winter 2014 Book Challenge wraps up February 28 and I have only managed to earn 45 out of 200 possible points. I am notoriously bad at finishing reading challenges. There are just so many good books out there that I end up getting sidetracked. There are only 10 books left. I can totally read 10 books in 2 months!

3 | Continue to work out 6 days a week.

My sister and I challenged one another to workout 6 days a week right after Thanksgiving. We had 3 freebies, and I have already used mine. I have a plan to alternate between the old Blogilates Beginner's Calendar and the 30 Days of Yoga with Adrienne. I completed the old Blogilates calendar back in June and was so pleased with my results, then I slacked off when life got all crazy.

4 | Paint little E's room.

I haven't done much to our house since we moved in this past May, but I'm hoping to change that in 2015. This first thing I want to do is to paint and decorate little E's room. Below is the photo of little E's room from the listing.


Now subtract all of the furniture. Add a chewed up crib, a circus tent from Ikea, a mismatched dresser, and some sporadically placed Curious George wall decals and that is the room today. It needs work. She seems to really love pink so I'm thinking some thick, subtle-pink stripes above the chair-rail with a solid subtle pink below. There will be an Alphabet wall, some prints for the walls, and hopefully an improved window-seat. It's a work in progress, but in June I'll be sharing my inspiration board with the finished product!

5 | Put together a capsule wardrobe.

Ever since I read this post about having a personal uniform I have been thinking a lot about my personal style. I don't think I necessarily want a personal uniform, but I would like to have a more cohesive, put-together look overall.

Capsule wardrobes seem to be all the rage at the moment. Reading about how Caroline from Un-Fancy has come into her own personal style from creating a capsule wardrobe has excited and inspired me to see if I feel the same. I plan on exploring this over the next three months and will most likely share my thoughts in April.

Share your link for your goals! 

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I'm trying to write posts in advance, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you can totally read 10 books in 2 months! :) I also want to be better about writing in advance this year. I really want to stay on a stable schedule of 3 posts/week (I was SO inconsistent last year), and writing in advance and scheduling the publish time is really the only way I can succeed with that. Good luck with your goals! (Great idea with doing it per quarter, btw.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a hard goal! I feel like I'm never going to be able to get ahead of myself because. . .life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 posts/week is what I am aiming for as well! I have loved the weeks that I have actually gotten everything scheduled ahead of time. It makes blogging so much more fun! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. writing posts in advance is super helpful. you can totally finish the reading challenge! and hey, i'm working on a capsule wardrobe right now as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems like it would be helpful. It's just a matter of buckling down and getting it done! I've finished two more books in the challenge since this published, so I'm well on my way! I just have to get through the chunksters! haha I think capsule wardrobes are the thing to do at the moment. I'm really excited to get a better sense of my style and weed out clothes I have had for a decade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've finished the challenge :-) I've also already read 9 books this year. Good luck with getting your final 10 read. I'm sure you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I checked out the 30 days of yoga and I think I'm going to try it!
    Also, the idea of a capsule wardrobe is intriguing. I'm about 10 links deep in learning about making one! Thanks for sharing your goals. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm finally going through my clothes this weekend! This capsule wardrobe is going to happen! I loved the 30 days of yoga. I love that Adrienne is all about listening to your body and finding the stretches that feel good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Paperblog