6 Things That Motivate Tayler to Keep Blogging

Thursday, January 08, 2015

I'm so excited to welcome Tayler from The Morrell Tale to help motivate you to continue or even start blogging! If you haven't been over to The Morrell Tale, you will have the chance today!

Hi, Ever Emma readers! I'm Tayler and I blog over at The Morrell Tale! I'm a lifestyle blogger--I blog about teaching, recipes, books, motherhood, family, and daily happenings.


I've been blogging for little over 5 years and I'm still struggling with my presence on social media. I don't have that many followers, even though I have a ton of interesting posts and I participate on other blogs. Many bloggers would give up after 5 long-suffering years. But, not me. I'm here to stay, no matter if I make it big or not. I've written here and here on why I'll never make it big in the blogging world.

There are 6 reasons why.


#1) Community
I have met some wonderful people through blogging. Some I've met in real life and some I'll probably never meet. Blogging is the perfect outlet for introverts, which I am somewhat of. I know these women's lives. I know their likes and dislikes. I know their families and what they wore and did over the weekend. These women are some of the most kind, tender, supportive, hopeful encouragers I've ever met. Yes, they may be bigger and more popular than you, with better content and pictures, but they still care about you. Blogging pushes me out of my comfort zone. The most intimidating thing I've ever done was ask two bigger bloggers if they'd be willing to cohost a link up with me, since we were all in a similar situation last summer, and guess what! They were so happy to oblige! So, I'm putting myself out there, especially in blogger meet-ups!

#2) Expanding Skills 
By blogging, not only am I practicing my writing skills, but I also have learned a bit of HTML coding (I do all my own buttons and sponsorships). I practice graphic design (in high school, I was in charge of designing our school newspaper's ads). I finally was able to save up enough money to get a DSLR, so now I can practice my photography skills! I've tried more DIY, such as this and this ornament post (and I don't have DIY skills!). I've also cooked more. Well, I've always loved to cook, but typically stayed with the same few recipes. However, I intentionally try to expand my repertoire for cooking by trying new and different recipes.

#3) I like reading about other peoples' lives
I'm kind of a creeper. My husband and I would take evening walks in our college town (founded in the late 19th century) and look at the old homes downtown. I'd tell him, "I wish I could just knock on the door and ask them to show me their house." I'm curious. I want to know how you decorate it, I want to know the floor plan, then imagine how I would decorate it. The same applies to people's backstories. I want to ask more and more questions, dive deeper into your life, understand your viewpoint and perspective because it is different than my own and I find that fascinating.

For Reasons #4-6, click on over to my blog, The Morrell Tale!
What motivates you to blog?

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Community is such a big reason why I blog! It's a great way for an introvert like me to make new friends and have new connections! Also--I'm a bit nosy and I like to see what others are up to, too! I'll knock on people's doors with you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to all of these! Community is such a great part of blogging and one of the main reasons I keep going! And number 3? Yes, I will join you and @Sarah @ 12 Twenty Seven at knocking on people's doors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started blogging for the sake of my sanity when I had no friends to talk to and carried on for the community, among other things :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree Sarah! I too love the community that blogging brings, especially since I'm such an introvert. I feel like I can never think of the right thing to say in person, but blogging allows me to collect my thoughts and not appear to be a total spaz! It sounds like we all need to go on a house hunting party! If you have a Parade of Homes near you, that totally helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha Sometimes I feel like your first reason is my constant reason. I'm not sure that most of my friends want me to go on and on about these cool things I found to make blogging easier or a book I just read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaay! We can have a "house hunting" party ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, I've met some wonderful girls through blogging (like you, for one!)

    ReplyDelete

Paperblog