5 Book Blogs You Should Be Reading

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

5 Book Blogs You Should Be Reading

My month of books is coming to an end, but I didn't want to wrap things up without first pointing you in the direction of some of my favorite book blogs. 

I follow a ridiculous amount of blogs. We're talking in the hundreds. I like to think that I am pretty good about at least skimming what is posted on each blog I follow, however, there are a select few that I make sure to read every post. The blogs that make it into my "favorites" group have great content, a unique voice, marvelous layouts, and are so very memorable.

Without further ado here are 5 of my favorite book blogs to help satisfy even the pickiest bookworm.

So Obsessed With

So Obsessed With

Why I Read:

I am so obsessed with So Obsessed With. I crack myself up. Hannah is so creative and comes up with such interesting ways to share books. I love that she shares a wide variety of books, both old and new, instead of strictly focusing on the latest "it" books. Whenever I visit this blog I know that my to-read list is going to be growing ever longer. 

Favorite Posts:

Series Speed Date - This is a feature I wish I would have come up with myself!
Can't Resist Compelling Characters - I ended up adding every single book, minus a handful I had already read, to my to-read list.
Looking Back on BEA - I have wanted to attend BEA for years, but it wouldn't exactly be a cheap trip. It always sounded like a blast, but I often wondered how many take the time to really reflect on whether or not it was worth it. I love that you can always count on Hannah to provide a thoughtful, honest perspective.
Welcome to Deep Valley - I haven't picked up this series yet, but after reading Hannah's reviews I really want to. This is a series that wasn't even slightly on my radar prior to reading So Obsessed With.

The Perpetual Page-Turner

The Perpetual Page-Turner

Why I Read:

This is the first book blog I ever read. Prior to this blog I had no idea that there was an entire community full of people who love all things books and blog about it! What has kept me coming back is Jamie's writing style. Everything I read on The Perpetual Page-Turner feels like a conversation. Jamie is really very good at engaging her audience and at the end of the post you feel like you just got done having a chat with one of your best friends.

Favorite Posts:

My Reading History - Jamie is the queen at discussion posts. Every single post makes me stop and reflect. I love this particular post because it made me realize how important it is to be aware of your reading, especially if you want to claim that you are well-rounded.
Book Inspired Dates - This series has helped me to become more creative with my reviews in general. I now see my books as potential to spark some creativity in my life.
I've Cheated, or Something - I'm pretty consistently juggling multiple books, so I can definitely relate to this post.
What It's Like to be a Mood Reader - I'm always changing the way I pick my next book and I love learning more about what makes people pick their current read.

Books: A True Story

Books: A True Story

Why I Read:

What I love most about Books: A True Story is that Jessica is always reading a wide variety of books. You can find reviews of classics and newer releases. I also love that she almost always goes beyond the book. You'll see what I mean in just a second.

Favorite Posts:

My Google Diaries - This is one of my favorite features ever. I love that Jessica goes beyond the book to learn more about various things related to the book.
Book Discussion: Where'd You Go, Bernadette? - I'm a huge fan of answering discussion questions so I love when others do that too! I haven't read this book yet, but I'm now more inclined to do so, so that I can be in on the fun.
Book Vs. Movie - I really love this feature because it's fun to see what someone else noticed in regards to the movie adaptation of a book.

Girlxoxo

Girlxoxo

Why I Read:

I think of Girlxoxo as my favorite "grownup" book blog. Tanya makes a conscious effort to read an eclectic batch of books, which I really appreciate. I can almost always guarantee that I will discover a book that hadn't been on my radar. 

She is also a pro at helping bloggers improve their blogs and organization. I discovered Girlxoxo while I was in a blogging slump and her posts helped me to get excited about blogging again. I always leave feeling like I've learned something.

Favorite Posts:

The Master List of Book Blogging Memes - This was the very first post I found. No one else, that I know of, had created a master list so this was incredibly helpful.
Book or Movie - This feature has been absent lately, but I love it. Sometimes the people in your life are willing to see the movie but aren't super interested in reading the book. It's fun to have conversations with people who do both and I appreciate that she clearly states which she preferred.
20+ Bookish Discussion Post Ideas - Sometimes you just need some ideas to inspire you!

Forever Young Adult

Forever Young Adult

Why I Read:

This is like the HelloGiggles for books. I read one post and find myself still on the site an hour later. This site focuses on YA literature, but chances are that you will find something you enjoy, since TV, Movies and much, much more are discussed.

Favorite Posts:

Honestly? I like it all. I tried to narrow it down to a few posts but I just can't!
Do you have a favorite book blog? Tell me! I'm always looking for more to add to my list!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Yesss I LOVE The Perpetual Page Turner! But I don't read any of these other blogs - thanks for giving me some new people to follow. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to help feed the blogging addiction! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I’m so flattered to be in such awesome company! I love the Perpetual Page-Turner! You described her blog perfectly - she just has this engaging, conversational voice that sucks you right in and I want to write more like her. And I hadn’t heard of So Obsessed With before but I love her Series Speed Date too! Thanks again for the feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I could help introduce you to another great blog. Thanks for having such a great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Paperblog