Friday Five - An Ideal Snowy Day

Friday, November 14, 2014


We have had the most beautiful fall in Utah. For the first time, in the six years I have lived here, mother nature was kind and held off on the snow up until yesterday! This is my very first winter having a garage so I'm not minding the snow nearly as much as I have in the past. I'm sure I'll be whistling a different tune if it decides to snow a ton this winter. 

Today's Friday Five is going to be tackling the five items you will need to enjoy a snowy day.


1. Cocomotion

I don't think they actually make this anymore, but they make something similar (Mr. Coffee BVMC-HC5 Cafe Cocoa Hot Chocolate Maker, Black). These are amazing because they mix up your hot chocolate perfectly and warm it to just the right temperature. Let's be serious. A cold, snowy day needs a good mug of hot chocolate. Speaking of mugs. . . .

Cocomotion


2) Cool Mug

I'm probably late to the game on this, but have you seen these mugs that change with the temperature? I guess you technically don't need a mug to change to tell you the contents are hot, the steam is a pretty good indicator, but still it's cool.
Color Changing Mug

3) Good Book

I don't love the snow so my ideal snowy day doesn't involve actually being out in the cold. Instead I would opt to lose myself in a good book or would take advantage of my Netflix, Amazon Prime or Hulu account. Here are the last three books I rated a 5/5 on Goodreads:

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell The Fire Horse Girl by Kay Honeyman Just One Day by Gayle Forman


  • You really can't go wrong with anything Rainbow Rowell has written. What I love most about Attachments in particular is that it has a You've Got Mail vibe to it. That is only one of my favorite movies of all time so ya know. . . ..
  • The Fire Horse Girl is YA historical fiction that follows Chinese immigration in the 1920s. This book didn't get nearly enough attention when it was published. It's an exciting story that you won't really want to put down.
  • Just One Day will most likely be coming to a theatre near you in the very near future!!! You just need to read this. Just do it.

4) Take Advantage of Netflix/Amazon/Hulu Subscription

I don't actually have cable, but I do have access to all of the above. These days I am all about finding a great show to binge watch. Do you need some ideas? I have you covered! The last three shows I have been obsessed with:

The Killing Orphan BlackParenthood

  • The Killing is such an intense show! I usually don't like mysteries / cop shows because they are so predictable. This show is full of twists and turns. One thing that makes it perfect for binge watching is that each episode leaves you hanging with some huge reveal. You just can't help, but keep watching. 
  • I'm not really far into Orphan Black, but I can already tell it's a great show. Basically this girl who has had a pretty terrible life sees a woman, who looks just like her, die. She then steps into that girl's life but she may be getting way more than she had originally though.
  • I'm so late to the Parenthood fan club, but I'm officially a fan. I just love that family. My one complaint is that some of these more recent episodes have had the characters majorly straying from who they are. 

5) Wear Something Comfy

Personally comfy to me equals a large, soft sweater and leggings. I may also slip on some of those soft, fuzzy socks. They are not attractive, but oh so very warm.



What are the 5 things you need for your ideal snowy day?

Linking up with Lauren, Karli & Amy, &

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Paperblog