Golden Tote: September 2014 Review

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Ever since my little one was born, almost a year ago, I have had the hardest time finding clothes. I lost all of the baby weight, but everything seems to be out of place. In addition to that I feel like I have changed so much. I no longer really know what my style is, but I know that I want to look and feel awesome. In the past I would just hit up clearance racks and my nearest Marshalls, but my time out without my little one becoming cranky is limited. After doing some searching I have discovered a few services that I am so excited to try out.

  

What is Golden Tote and how does it work? 

Golden Tote is an online boutique that mails you a monthly tote full of clothes based off of a style profile that you complete upon sign up. I think the graphic pulled from their site says it best:

How the different priced totes work:

$49 Tote:
  • You select one item from the options available.
  • Golden Tote will select 1 to 2 additional items to send with the item you selected.
$149 Tote:
  • You select two items from the options available.
  • Golden to will select 3 to 5 additional items to send.

Pros:

  • You have some input on your tote.
  • You don't have to leave the house.
  • You have the option of adding additional items to your tote at a discounted price.
  • This isn't a monthly automatic service.
  • From what I have seen online they really work hard to satisfy their customers.
  • There is a FB group (Golden Tote Trading Group) where you can sell or trade items you didn't quite love.

Cons:

  • This is an all or nothing deal. If you don't like some of the pieces you can't just return them you would have to return the entire tote.
  • You have to pay for shipping and UPS is the only option. (My dislike for UPS can wait for another day.)

My tote

The $149 tote seemed to be a much better deal for me per piece so I was able to select two items. I also elected to add on an item for a discounted price.

Now before you take a look at these pictures and start getting all judgy you should know something. I'm not currently and probably will never be a fashion blogger. I'm also not a model. I just wanted you to know because these pics may make you feel awkward. 






















1. THML Little Black Dress: This dress was beautiful and so well made. I wish I would have taken a close up picture so that you can see it up close. I really wanted it to work, but my boobs look all weird and it's a little too short for my current lifestyle of sitting on the floor. It has been sent to a good home where it will, hopefully, be loved.

2. Skies Are Blue Ivory Plaid Shirt: I saw a girl wearing a plaid shirt open like this and loved it. After taking these pictures I realized that this looks much better buttoned up. Anyway, you can tell this shirt is really well made by the buttons alone. They have fabric on them that matches the shirt. That kind of blew my mind. I guess I've been shopping clearance racks for too long?

3. Renee C Top and Priddy by Puella Pants: I should explain the face. I was not feeling these pants in any way shape or form and was also worried that the top was just too much pattern.I have since realized that I actually really love the shirt, especially tucked into a pencil skirt, and am still not so sure about the pants. They are super comfy, but very short and then there is this waistband.

It's not exactly what I'm into. I feel conflicted though because I have seen some girls rocking these pants and I want to be in that club. I ended up trading these.

4.  Le Lis Sweatshirt: I wasn't too sure about this at first, but it has kind of grown on me. At first the details on the black part of the sweatshirt felt like a comforter, but now I kind of like it.


5. Skies Are Blue Embroidered Top: I'm worried about owning this top. I love the way it fits and I think it is probably one of the most beautiful tops I own, however, the color and the stitching make me sooooooo nervous! I'm just waiting for velcro to somehow come in contact with the blue stitching on the shoulders.

Isn't it so pretty though?!


6. Jolie Sweater: This was HUGE on me, had dolmain-type sleeves and made me feel like a little peasant child in Les Mis. This has also found another home.

Overall:

I haven't yet decided if I am going to get another tote again anytime soon. The price is good, but it was nerve-wracking waiting to see the surprises. I also really didn't super love trying to trade and sell the items I didn't love. I guess we will see once October's spoilers are released!

*If you decide to try out Golden Tote, my husband would love it if you used this link. (I get a $10 referral credit.)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Paperblog