Monthly Rewind - March 2013

Wednesday, March 27, 2013


Image From March

 

March in One Word

Stressful: Never again will I double up on my course-load. That was a HUGE mistake.

 

4 Things That Happened In March

1) Went on a mini-spring break with Tom to southern Utah.
2) Did so much homework and reading for school that my brain may have exploded.
3)Made the BEST cookies EVER. (Sometimes I bake to cope)
4) Chopped off six inches of dead, split hair.

  3 Songs That Got Me Through March

 
Phil Collins - Strangers Like Me - Guys, I freaking love Phil Collins. Like seriously he is one of the greats in my opinion. My happy place was found in the Tarzan soundtrack this month.

 



Lana Del Rey - Bel Air - Something about Lana's music and personality just enchants me. I can't ever seem to get enough.




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dave Matthews Band - Belly Full - I'm finally going to see DMB this summer and I cannot wait! This song is so soothing and has helped me manage some of the stress. 

 

Top 2 Books I Read This Month





Most Popular Review Published This Month

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

3 Most Popular Blog Posts Published This Month

How I'm Managing my TBR
Cover Off: The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury
Conversations: Just Listen by Sarah Dessen

2 New Obsessions in March

1) Chick-Fil-A Lemonade: Oh my Lanta! This stuff is seriously the best thing ever. It's real lemonade people! Real with lemon pieces and everything! So stinking good that I dream about it.
2) Grey's Anatomy & every other show dealing with surgery: Not sure why, but suddenly I cannot get enough. 

Favorite Quote From March

“Books are easily destroyed. But words will live as long as people can remember them”
Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me

 

3 Things I am Looking Forward to in April

1) My birthday!
2) Less school stress! (Knock on wood.)
3)Reading outside because it finally feels like spring!

3 Books I am Looking Forward to Being Released in April

  

Progress on Last Month's Goals

1) Finish up the winter quarter of classes with good grades and my sanity still intact. (Not entirely sure what my final grades are as the quarter technically ends on Saturday. The good news is I have a bit of sanity left and a week off from school before the next quarter begins!)
2) Be a little more spontaneous. I'm finding that I have gotten to the point that I'm doing so much that I have to schedule every aspect of my life. (This was a really stupid goal to make in the middle of my hardest quarter ever.)
3) Read more religious texts. I've been attempting to read the Old Testament for two years now and am just barely reaching the end of Exodus. It's just so boring. However, how can I claim any sort of religious beliefs if I don't actually finish all of the standard works? (Totally got to the end of Exodus and moved on to something else. Maybe I'll just focus on Christ and his teachings while on Earth for awhile.)

3 Goals for April

1) Uh read more than 3 books. March was super pathetic.
2) Find some more cute summer dresses.
3) Get back to blogging much more regularly!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love Sarah Strohmeyer -- I didn't know she has a new book coming out! That's awesome. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, and good luck with your April goals!

    ReplyDelete

Paperblog