Monthly Rewind - February 2013

Wednesday, February 27, 2013


Image From February

Sapphire Orchids

February in One Word

Short: This month FLEW by and I feel like there was not enough time to accomplish everything!

4 Things That Happened In February  

1) Received some big news that is currently working itself out. Hopefully I can share soon!
2) My hubby turned 27. Getting closer to the big 3-0.
3) I worked a lot and focused a lot of attention to school. I also had next to no social life, but that's what happens when you double up your course load.
4) Received a bunch of awesome books!

4 Songs That Got Me Through February


Lil Wayne - How to Love
This song is older, but I couldn't stop listening to it. It's just something really different from the typical Lil Wayne. I don't super dig the actual video, which is why it isn't being featured, but I love the song.

 Kleerup (featuring Lykke Li) - Until We Bleed
This song is catchy and probably will be stuck in your head for awhile.

Annie Lennox - Waiting in Vain
I may have watched Serendipity a few times this past month. How could I not? It's the ultimate winter romance. This is also hands down my favorite version of this song.

Mikky Ekko - I Love You (I Always Have) 
Just close your eyes and listen.


1 Video That Made Me Laugh in February



Top 2 Books I Read This Month

Just Listen by Sarah DessenHalf-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Most Popular Review Published This Month

The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter

3 Most Popular Blog Posts Published This Month

Today's Cover Off has Been Interrupted for a Very Special GIVEAWAY
Romances That Give Me The Butterflies
Cover Off - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

2 New Obsessions in February

1) This isn't totally new, but I cannot get enough ginger ale. No, I'm not sick. I just really love the stuff. Although I would love it more if I could find some Seagrams out here!
2) My new TBR system. Lists excite me and complicated lists excite me more, so it makes sense that I have spent a decent chunk of time obsessing over this particular list.

Favorite Quote From February

"Music is the great uniter. An incredible force. Something that people who differ on everything and anything else can have in common."Sarah Dessen

3 Things I am Looking Forward to in March

1) Shamrock Shakes!
2) Less snow! (*crossing fingers*)
3) Lightening up my course load a teeny bit at the end of March.

3 Books I am Looking Forward to Being Released in March

The Nightmare Affair by Mindee ArnettPretty Girl 13 by Liz ColeyA Touch of Scarlet by Eve Marie Mont

 

Progress on Last Month's Goals 

1) Get projects done ahead of time so I don't freak quite as much when I add one more course to my load mid-February. (I actually have completed a few things ahead of time and am working towards completing more. I'd say I'm kicking this goal's trash.)
2) Come up with a better system for managing my TBR list. (I have developed a new system and honestly I really like it. I think I'll try to explain at some point this month or next.)
3) Continue to use "The Weekend Novelist" to work on developing my novel. (I finally realized that this isn't going to happen this year, so it has been indefinitely postponed until I finish up my M.Ed.. I don't want to burn out too early.)

3 Goals for March

1) Finish up the winter quarter of classes with good grades and my sanity still intact.
2) Be a little more spontaneous. I'm finding that I have gotten to the point that I'm doing so much that I have to schedule every aspect of my life.
3) Read more religious texts. I've been attempting to read the Old Testament for two years now and am just barely reaching the end of Exodus. It's just so boring. However, how can I claim any sort of religious beliefs if I don't actually finish all of the standard works?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Girl I am impressed! You have a lot going on and you still manage to put together great blog content. Kudos!

    Best,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This has become my all time favorite comment!

      Delete
  2. I'm really excited to read about your new TBR system - hope you write a little something about it! I love lists and anything organization-related AND I've been trying to figure out a way to really manage my TBR. Please share! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't you worry, I definitely will share. I'm with you on loving organization and lists. I'm obsessed with both! As soon as I fine-tune a few things I'll blog about it!

      Delete

Paperblog