Monthly Rewind - January 2013

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Throughout 2012 I did my best to recap the books I read throughout the month. I thought my goals for this year were going to include quantity read, but have found that I just want to go with the flow and read when I want to. Honestly, I was starting to get a little bored of the format I had been using and was so excited when Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner posted her Monthly Rewind. I think that is such a fun way to remember the not just the books you loved throughout the month, but also to remember music you loved and moments. I absolutely love it! I hope she doesn't mind, but I've decided to do something a little similar from here on out!

Image From January

Turkey Hill Cow

 

January in One Word

 Snow : So much snow in January. I really hope there is less of that in February!

 

4 Things That Happened In January 

1) I spent some time back "home" in PA. It's weird to go back to a place after being gone for so long. Life continues on and things change. It's also strange to see how much your feelings about a place change. I no longer think I want to return for good.
2) I started going to a Bachelor night with my Sister-in-law and LOVED it! It's so nice to have some other people to be snarky with.
3) I determined the direction I want to go with my career, so my motivation to finish grad school is intensified!
4) My niece laughed, laughed for the first time last night. It was hilarious.

 

4 Songs That Got Me Through January 

Don Henley - Boys of Summer
I realize this is supposed to be a sort of sad-ish song, but it's attached to some amazing memories for me. Every time I hear it and sing along at the top of my lungs, I can't help but feel happier. That was a must to get through the stinking snow. 

Jose Gonzalez - How Low
I love Jose's voice. It's just so soothing yet it also captures my attention. This song has helped me as I struggle through some writing this month. I will write something worthwhile if it kills me! 

Lykke Li - Love out of Lust
Lykke is an acquired taste for me. Big thanks to my sister for pushing her on me. This song is so catchy and I love the lyrics. 

Ra Ra Riot - Dance With Me
Kept my feet tapping and helped me fold many loads of laundry.

 

1 Video That Made Me Laugh in January

 

Top Two Books I Read This Month

The Sea of Tranquility by Katja MillayCinder by Marissa Meyer 

 

Most Popular Review Published This Month

Insatiable by Meg Cabot

 

3 Most Popular Blog Posts Published This Month

7 Frustrating Characters
Top Ten Settings I'd Like To See More Of (Or At All) 
Top Ten Bookish Goals for 2013

 

2 New Obsessions in January

1) My super awesome boots that are featured in the photo at the top. After being teased by my now husband for all of our relationship about my cheap, yet functional, "frankenstein", waffle-bottom Kmart boots, WHICH I might add lasted almost a decade, I sucked it up and bought these boots. I've worn basically nothing else all month. Why did I wait so long?!

2) My day planner! I LOVE this thing. I'm still working on actually writing in it everyday, but it makes my day seem so much more worthwhile when I make goals and plans for myself.  


Favorite Quote From January 

“It is facile to imply that smoking, alcoholism, overeating, or other ingrained patters can be upended without real effort. Genuine change requires work and self-understanding of the cravings driving behaviours.”
Charles Duhigg, The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business 


3 Things I am Looking Forward to in February 

1) Hearing back about a project I am hoping to be involved in.
2) Restoring a weekly date night
3) Getting closer to the end of school. . .each month brings me a little closer!
 

3 Books I am Looking Forward to Being Released in February

Scarlet by Marissa MeyerPulse by Patrick CarmanUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

 

3 Goals for February 

1) Get projects done ahead of time so I don't freak quite as much when I add one more course to my load mid-February.
2) Come up with a better system for managing my TBR list.
3) Continue to use "The Weekend Novelist" to work on developing my novel

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Paperblog