Life in the Fast Lane

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

I have been terrible at keeping up with my BodyRock challenge. TERRIBLE, I tell you. It all started back in the day, which was a Wednesday, by the way. (Name that comedian) Seriously though it was last Wednesday and I got home late so I just decided I would BodyRock on Thursday which somehow turned into a Tuesday. You know how it goes. Now that it's Tuesday I most definitely do not want to hurt myself like that. Especially since I spent last evening moving my queen-size bed to the opposite side of the room only to discover that it really did fit better on the other wall.  That counts for strength training, right?

Instead I will continue to think about my much needed bedroom revamp. You see, my apartment is tiny and a tad ghetto. I'm not planning on staying there forever but because the rent is inexpensive and because it isn't in a bad part of town I will remain in my tiny, ghetto apartment until I can afford something nicer. This means that I need to find a way to make it so cute that I will dread ever leaving. I am starting with my bedroom and closet. I'd show you a picture but I'm kind of embarrassed.

Headboard: We have an awesome dark wood bed with drawers underneath, but the walls scare me and it grosses me out that my pillows are always on them! I just don't know what has been on those walls. At first I thought I wanted to make a headboard, but let's be serious. I'm not that crafty nor do I own any tools besides 2 hammers and a screwdriver, which is currently lost.

I'm really leaning towards the upholstered  style because I like sitting in bed while reading and the padding would be nice. I am also preferring the round edges because I really prefer a softer look and feel.


Here are a few of my favorites:

I like the gold, but I worry that it won't stand the test of time.

Not really sure what color I would prefer. Kind of leaning towards gray?


This one might be my favorite.


If I had a lot more money I think I would want one of these:




Any tips? Are these all kinds of ugly?  Is a headboard a waste of money like Tom says it is?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Paperblog