Light

Sunday, December 04, 2011

Lights at Temple Square 2009

The great windstorm of  last week  was one of the craziest things I have seen in awhile,
maybe even crazier than the speeding ticket I got on my way to work this morning.
Pulling me over when the dude next to me is going way faster? Yeah, that makes sense.

Anyway, the windstorm was so crazy and knocked out power all over northern Utah.
The route I drive home was pitch black and I remember thinking,
"It seems so endless and lonely."
If I hadn't known better I would have sworn that there was nothing out there.

Such a stark contrast to my drive home Saturday night.
(One thing I love about Utah?The fact that sometimes you can see for miles all around.)
Saturday night as I drove I saw houses nestled amongst the hills aglow with Christmas lights galore, and as I sat there mesmorized by all of the lights I thought to myself,
"What a difference light can make."

The lights reminded me that there were others out there and signified that all was well.
Not only could I see the difference but I could feel it as well.
I don't want to go all religious on you, but it's almost Christmas so I'm gonna.

When we have nothing to believe in it can be so easy to feel like you are on that darkened road.
That can be really lonely.
Sure you can get to your final destination just fine.
Everybody dies at some point, right?

However, isn't it just nice to believe that there is someone else out there?
Someone who can be there for you when no one else can?
This season is about someone who can be there for you and can understand what this road can be like.

Just an option. . .
Until Next Time,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Paperblog