Your Sunset

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I've been thinking about a lot lately. That seems to happen every single time I make some sort of big decision, weird, huh? (Sarcasm. I know it can be hard to accurately communicate that via text.) 

Here is what I thought about today while I was listening to the soothing sounds of Matisyahu. You need to think about what is most important to you when your sun sets. 

What is the legacy that you want to leave behind? 

How are you going to make the world better just by being in it?

Matisyahu said something that really stuck out to me. He is a devout Jew and in today's Q&A someone asked him about how he feels knowing that he is an example. Does that make him feel like an activist? He said that religion is great and for him it has brought a lot of strength. However, at the end it doesn't really matter what religion you were or you were not. It matters so much more about what your journey entailed. What did you do to make your mark and make this world a better place? 

Ok, so he was pretty scatter-brained about the whole thing but that is what I took out of it all. I don't really know what exactly I want to do for a living but I do know that I want to be the very best at whatever I do. I also know that I want to be the most helpful I can possibly be to those around me. It is important to me that I leave something better than I found it and I hope that when my sun sets the amount of good that I have unleashed into the world cancels out all my bad.

Love this song and it's even better live with nothing but him and a guitar.


Until Next Time,

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. even though you might not know for sure what you want to do, it sounds like you got your head on straight. and that's the important part, right?

    Lindsay

    good luck with your big decisions ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Lindsay! I like to think I have my head on straight, but some days. . . . :)

    ReplyDelete

Paperblog