Sorry I Missed You Tuesday

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I had a glimpse of what life is going to be like starting next week. Yesterday evening I found myself on a four lane freeway feeling more trapped than free. Cars surrounded me and together we moved forward in an orderly fashion. In the car to my right sat a man who looked all too used to the hustle and bustle of a rush hour commute. I sighed and made myself comfortable wondering if someday I too would become used to this "grownup" life of mine. My thoughts didn't linger on this for too long. Instead I listened to the latest audio-book borrowed from the library.

As someone who has grown up loving books I cannot help but label the library as my sanctuary. It kills me that so many libraries have had trouble keeping their doors open. It kills me even more to see people not have the same respect for such a wonderful place. The library gives you the chance to escape. It provides an opportunity to grow. There are so many things offered by your local library, so get your hands on a calender!  
If you don't have a library card, then get one. It is seriously one of my most valued possessions. 

Wow, what a random rant. I'm just really grateful for the public library system. It saves me a TON of money. 

I was watching Ringer today and heard this song, which I am now obsessed with. The shows on CW kind of stink plot wise but whoever picks the tunes does a dang good job.

Without further ado, Laura Veirs - Little Deschutes

Until Next Time,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Paperblog