The One With The Parade of Homes

Sunday, August 07, 2011

Last Saturday was a BLAST! I did something I had always wanted to do, freely roam houses that don't belong to me. I made sure to explore every single nook and cranny, because who knows when I will be able to do that again! Thanks to two of my favorite people for making this day even more enjoyable!



Before last Saturday I hadn't even thought about what sort of features I would want in my future home. As the day went on and the houses began to blur together I could see some common themes in what I like about a house. I used to think I loved the clean, crisp lines of a modern home but I realized rather quickly that I cannot even begin to feel comfortable in a house so cold! I need something warm and homey.

Here are some features that I loved!

Backsplash throughout the kitchen! 

I love an actual bay window, but this is nice too. 
Anything to make a room feel cozy but not cramped.

Organization that is both functional and cute!
I am also a sucker for a corner pantry!

Window seats! 
Although a bay window makes for a cozier window seat! 

Fun fabrics and colors! 
This nursery kind of made me want a little one!

Ultimately what seems to make a house appealing to me are all the little carefully placed details that really reveal who you are. 

Oh, and of course an awesome tub always helps. 





Until Next Time, 

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Tanto, I had SO much fun going to this special event with you guys! Hanging out with the both of you was seriously just what I needed after a crazy stressful/hectic week! Seeing all of those amazing homes and the features found within them was a blast, but to be completely honest, the most fun I had came from simply being in the pleasure of your company! I love you guys! Always have and always will! We'll have to do something really fun when Poncho comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santo, I had a blast too! I'm glad we were finally able to spend some time together! It made me realize how much I need my Mexican Horse Race Gang in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. D-I-T-T-O!!! You guys are seriously my closest, sincerest friends and it's always so nice to hang out with you b/c I know that I can be myself and just chillax when I'm around you! Haha! I can't wait for our next meeting my friend! It. will. be. epic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so funny in the tubs! Don't settle for a standard one...get a biggie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pose are look like on the models that I've been seeing on the magazines and televisions. The tubs looks familiar, I think I saw it on san antonio parade of homes.

    ReplyDelete

Paperblog