The One Where I Actually Get Engaged

Sunday, August 14, 2011

What a week, my friends!
After years of dating I had the surprise of my life
Thursday night when this guy


asked me to MARRY him! AHHHH!

Okay, so here is how it all went down.
I have been moving all week long into my apartment for the fall,
which happens to be the very first apartment I lived in out here.
Honestly, this apartment was my favorite because it is the location of so many wonderful memories,
like our first kiss!

After hauling a buttload of boxes up, Tom goes and
plops down into a chair by the window
and tells me to come sit with him.
Of course I oblige.
We're sitting there for awhile just talking about the last time I lived here
and he says, "Didn't we have our first kiss in here?"

I reply, "Yeah, just over there by that counter."

"Well, it's tradition then. We should probably go kiss over there again."

Again, I oblige and when we get to the counter he basically reenacts our first kiss and hugs me. While he is hugging me he whispers in my ear, "Do you love me?"

"Of course!"

"Well then, will you marry me?" he says as he gets down on one knee.

Of course I initially thought it was some mean joke and I told him to stop joking around. Then I notice that ring was legit and proceed to ask, "Well are you going to put it on?!"

He slips the ring on my finger and asks me if this was what I had hoped for. It was. A couple of minutes pass and then I notice he has the funniest look on his face. I ask him what's up?

He replies, "Did you even say yes?"

"Oh, I don't think I did. Well, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!"

Now we have to figure out the when and where of it all. This is actually trickier than I initially thought, so maybe we will narrow it down next week. This much I do know, the wedding will be next year. No way would I have a 3 month engagement. That is so not our style.


Until Next Time, 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Paperblog