Zoorassic Park?!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011


Believe it or not I had never seen Jurassic Park until last Friday night. Apparently that is inexcusable and grounds for comments like, "Do you live under a rock?" and "Seriously, what is wrong with you?"

I never quite knew what to say. I have a hard time believing that dinosaurs even existed in the first place so my interest in a movie about a park full of debatable creatures was pretty much nonexistent. Then there is the fact that my parents would not let us see that movie because it looked a little too intense.

I hate to say it, but they were so right! I was a little bit terrified and I'm 22! 

Ok, so it wasn't the actual movie that scared me so much as the things my imagination whipped up afterwards! Yikes! Can somebody turn that thing off!



Anyway, on Saturday the man and I went with some friends to the local Hogle Zoo! I was pretty pumped because I could not even remember the last time I had been to a zoo and I just knew it would be awesome.

(I was right!)
063
Let the adventure begin!

057
I tried my hardest to get him to just try some of the water so I could get a decent shot. But nooooooo. You know what they say Tom? Every party has a pooper and this time it was you!

I would be somewhat pleased with this shot if the boy would smile with some teeth! Does anyone else have a hard time getting their fellow to smile with teeth?! It’s crazy!

060
Elephants are probably my favorite animals. Anyone know where a girl can hitch a ride on an elephant? Besides India. . .

We saw lots of adorable animals like:
035
This chimp. How adorable is my buddy? (I don’t know if it is a he or she or even a he/she so buddy seems the safest!)

How about this?

Ok, so it’s a horrible picture. Let me explain. That adorable ball of fur is actually a mommy Lemur with her two little adorable baby Lemurs! Now isn't it just about the cutest thing you ever did see?
027
After all this cuteness Lemurs quickly snatched up my second favorite animal spot. I asked Tom for a pet Lemur, so I’ll let you know how it goes.

061
Every time I see a photo of the Hogle Zoo I see people with their arms all stretched out over gorilla shadows. The popular wall was hoppin’ so I decided to go for the poorly lighted forgotten wall. It’ll do. 

046
It was decided that the Giraffes are the supermodel’s of the animal kingdom, with their never-ending legs and crazy long eyelashes. I think this one may even be smiling with her eyes! Watch out Tyra!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Paperblog