Pasta Con Broccoli

Thursday, March 10, 2011

I cannot believe how silly I am! I spent 5 minutes yesterday trying to decide on what kind of juice I wanted to buy and ended up with nasty splenda sweetened juice! Now, whenever I take a sip my face kind of looks like this:


Anyway, Tom has been aching to try a meatless meal so, finally, I obliged and found this recipe on betterrecipes.com.

Ingredients
  • 16 oz. medium pasta shells
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 4 cups half and half (This is found by the milk in my local grocery store.)
  • 8 oz. canned mushrooms, drained
  • 16 oz. fresh or frozen broccoli pieces
  • 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 4 oz. can tomato sauce
  • 1 1/2 to 2 cups Parmesan cheese
Method
Cook shells until partially done. Drain noodles. Return to pan. Add half & half, butter, garlic powder, tomato sauce and broccoli. Bring to a boil. When shells are fully cooked, add mushrooms and gently stir. Remove from heat and add cheese. Stir and serve.
Number of Servings: 4-6 + leftovers


The Verdict is. . . . This was so stinking good and actually very filling! It is also one of the easiest things I think I have ever made! This is a must eat!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Paperblog